Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What In the Heck Is a BLOG???

"Blog" is short for "Web log," a specialized site that allows an individual or group of individuals to share a running log of events and personal insights with online audiences. In the simplest terms, it is just a journal on the Internet. It is interactive so anyone who wishes can speak their mind in the "comments" section and become a part of the fun.

If you are one of us non-technical sorts have no fear. A blog is a simple format that requires no computer savvy whatsoever. You can simply read the content of our site and hop merrily on your way, or you can jump in the middle and share your own thoughts. Maybe you take the greatest leap of all (gulp) and start your own blog...

2 comments:

Marci said...

Yeah! In was just about to offer to do one for GROW. My husband wil be glad you are the blog grow girl Andi! I am curious about doing prayer requests for GROW prayer team. maybe through a link from this site. think about it and i'll ask robin for her input as well. my blog is http://lifereframed.blogspot.com/. if you want music, you are welcome to embed my playlist. lmk. Great job!

Also, readers can subcribe to posts as you write them by clicking "atom" at bottom of blog. just fyi.

Andi Hawkins said...

Marci I love you!! Thank you for your feedback I will make sure and let people know how to subscribe. I would like to do an RSS feed button so its more prominant, but I am sort of computer ignorant, so I am working with Andrea S. to get it done.

Prayer Requests! Great IDEA!! I am on It!! Thinking of the best way may take me a couple of days but IT WILL BE DONE!! Woohooo!